Free Substance Use Recovery and AA Resources
Our resources for substance and alcohol recovery are here to remind us that recovery is a lifelong journey.
And, many national and state resources exist for those seeking guidance, help, and ongoing recovery.
You may need weekly, daily, or more frequent inspiration. With sustained support from family, peers, interventionists, and other professionals, recovery is realized.
Find national associations and institutes along with substance and alcohol resources by state.
Bookmark this page, share it, and let it serve as a reminder that help is always available.
SUBSTANCE USE RESOURCE INSTITUTES
Find institutes dedicated to drug and alcohol recovery.
- National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependence – Provides support to those who need assistance with alcoholism and drug dependence.
- National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism – Resources for young people to evaluate your drinking and tools to stay in control.
DRUG TREATMENT SERVICE LOCATORS
Find treatment centers for behavioral health and opioid treatment.
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator – Find treatment for substance use and/or mental health.
- Opioid Treatment Program Directory – Search programs by state
Help lines are always there, whenever you may need them. Keep this list as a quick, shareable reference.
- Crisis Call Center – Visit website or call 1-800-273-8255, or text “ANSWER” to 839863
- Crisis Text Line – or text “START” to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- SAMHSA’s Helpline – or call 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Find a Drug Take-Back Location – Often, unused prescription drugs find their way into the wrong hands. Help keep your community and loved ones safe by discarding old, unwanted, or unused prescription medication:
Recovery Resources by U.S. State
Recovery is a lifelong journey.
Each state has dedicated resources, so matter where you live, you can seek treatment, counsel, and wellness.
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings by State
AA is represented throughout each state. So, even when you’re on vacation or on a business trip, you can find the support and peace of mind needed.
Additional AA Links
Find video, audio, and supplemental text related to Alcoholics Anonymous.
Join me as we continue our path to sobriety and balance.
Subscribe to My Blog
Join my recovery journey.
Subscribe to my blog to get the latest posts as they are published.